Future trends of chemical engineering in petroleum Industry
Chemical engineering plays an important role in the petroleum industry currently in upstream processing. Demand for chemists in the oil and petroleum industry varies along with the price of oil and natural gas. When prices are high, companies expand their exploratory efforts and hire more chemists.
· Some roles and responsibilities of a petrochemical engineer includes:
· Developing Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
· Construct and maintain data sheets for new improvement schemes
· Conduct Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP) for all existing and newly introduced schemes
· Ensure appropriate cost-benefit analysis and trend analysis of projects
· Help in obtaining various sorts of statutory approvals for the project